After successfull backup: 404 Not Found | Joomla Support | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
After successfull backup: 404 Not Found
February 22, 2011
9:02 am
chris
Members
Forum Posts: 4
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hey,

I am chris.

After I restore a successfull backup manually on my localhost, I delete the "xcloner.php" from my backup folder.

I can go to "http://localhost/joomla2/administrator/"

after i hit the login button, i get this error message: 

"Not Found

The requested URL /joomla2/xcloner.php/administrator/index.php was not found on this server." and in the tab it says: 404 Not Found.

can anyone help?

cheers, chrisYell

February 22, 2011
9:37 am
Ovidiu Liuta
Admin
Forum Posts: 2484

Hi Chris, that error usually indicates that the url you configured for the restore site is incorrect.

To fix this you can go directly inside the configuration.php file and edit the url and remove the xcloner.php from it, or retry the restore once again, but make sure you call the restore script from this url XCloner.php and not xcloner.php, notice the upper case letters. Otherwise, you will need to manually adjust the Install dir and Install url options and remove the xcloner.php from them.

Hope it helps! Ovidiu

February 22, 2011
10:49 am
chris
Members

Hello Ovidiu,

thanks for your help. It worked fine. I could login and everything. The thing is:

I got this backup file from my friend.I restored it on my PC. When I logged in, the components (CB, SOBI with entries, categories etc…)as well as the other iinstalled plugins and modules were missing.

The XCloner component is installed, when I click on it, it says: Unable to select database websitename

I think it has something to do with the different paths. he works on an Apple PC with MAMP, I have Windows XP with WAMP.

Where do i have to make adaptions?

(also: when i click "view backup" it says: Your backup directory /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/administrator/backups is not correct! Unable to continue...

Thank you very much for your help.

Chris

February 22, 2011
10:58 am
Ovidiu Liuta
Admin

You meant you say they are missing? Have you checked if the missing data is inside the backup archive you have, like files, or database data? the database backup is in the file administrator/backups/database-sql.sql inside the backup archive.

If they are missing from the archive, then it could be that they were excluded from the original backup?

Ovidiu

February 22, 2011
11:01 am
Ovidiu Liuta
Admin

To fix the XCloner errors, simply reinstall XCloner, it will re-update the default config details, or you can manually update it's settings as they still point to the site where the backup was created.

Also, this directory administrator/backups needs to made writeable in order to create backups on your local site.

Ovidiu

February 22, 2011
11:16 am
chris
Members

Hello Ovidiu,

I am sorry. I dont really get it.

I have the backup file from my friend. I have a blank joomla installation (joomla) with XCloner installed. Then I make a new folder in my WAMP/www directory called joomla2. In there I put the backup file, the XCloner.php as well as the Tar.php.

Then I go to localhost/joomla2/XCloner.php and follow the instructions. Then it says: successfull installation complete...

I erase the XCloner.php from my joomla2 folder. Then I log in. This works.

But there is no content?

sorry for my silly questions...

What am I doing wrong?

Chris

February 22, 2011
11:32 am
Ovidiu Liuta
Admin

XCloner does not need to have Joomla installed prior to restore, so to avoid duplicate content restore issues, I suggest you try this:

1. delete everything in the joomla2/ folder, except the restore script and backup archive

2. empty the restore database

3. retry the restore process

Hope it helps

February 25, 2011
9:32 am
chris
Members

hello ovidiu,

what do you mean by "empty the restore database"?

emptying phpmyadmin database?

February 25, 2011
9:49 am
Ovidiu Liuta
Admin

Yes, i am referring to deleting all your tables from that database, or simply create a new one!

Ovidiu

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
Andy: 21
D: 21