Unable to use backup files | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
Unable to use backup files
April 5, 2010
12:00 am
hongkongkev
Guests

Hi; my website is test.mysite.org but cannot transfer it and set it up on mysite.org using the XCloner menu. Can you tell me why?

The backup files are ok since I used:
Backup Start Path: /home/mysite/www/test/
Backup Store Path: /home/mysite/www/test/administrator/backups

When I select a backup set and select MOVE, I enter:
FTP Hostname: mysite.org
FTP Username: user
FTP password: password
FTP Directory: public_html/

But get the error message:
- Connected to Normal ftp server mysite.org - Active Mode
- Moving source file /home/mysite/www/test/administrator/backups/backup.tar
- Warning: ftp_put() [function.ftp-put]: public_html//backup.tar: No such file or directory in /home/mysite/www/test/administrator/components/com_xcloner/cloner.functions.php on line 546
- FTP upload has failed for file public_html//backup.tar ! Stopping ....

As the file backup.tar is present in the given path, I assumed the target directory was incorrect and tried many different entries in the FTP Directory field but have not been able to resolve this problem; same problem when using the CLONE selection. Arrggghhh !

April 5, 2010
admin
Guests

Hi there! Have you checked with a ftp client if the ftp upload path is correct? Try rechecking that and if you still have issued, it might be better to follow this Restore FAQ https://www.joomlapl...../catid,26/

Regards, Ovidiu

April 5, 2010
hongkongkev
Guests

You answered my question with a question and so I need to rephrase my question and also to put it in perspective. Before purchasing XCloner, I used phpMyAdmin to make a copy of the database and cloned it after modifying the configuration.php file on the new site. I understood XCloner should have automated this process but it doesn't do it for me. The instructions provided are very clear if it doesn't work - transfer the files manually and then let it do the rest of the job.

If this extension doesn't automate the entire process, there is something wrong with either my setup or with your programming. This of course now raises the question as to why are instructions provided for manual intervention - perhaps users have had similar problems which have never been resolved? In any event, I've taken the trouble to provide generic information on the setup parameters used and the error message received, perhaps you could advise on the solution for full automation rather than asking whether the FTP upload path is correct since I have already indicated that there appears to be a directory mismatch.

In answer to your question however, I used CPanel to confirm the upload path but there is still a mismatch somewhere. My rephrased question is - Why doesn't XCloner work for me?

Regards/Kevin

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
Andy: 21
D: 21