Cloner abilities | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
Cloner abilities
April 28, 2006
12:00 am
mike
Guests

What is the difference between joomla cloner and the normal backup and restore tool that comes with cpanel?

Does cloner save and restore the mysql database too?

I'm trying to figure out if cloner suits my needs. And when you say its a 1 site license, how does that work? Everytime I want to clone and restore a site I need to pay 40 dollars?

Thanks! Mike

April 28, 2006
12:00 am
admin
Guests

Hi there! JoomlaCloner backups and restores a full Joomla site, including files and databases, our restoring tool only need your new location and mysql config details and it will automatically set the clone!

Indeed cpanel does the same thing for the full site, with a few diferences, they don't let you choose where to move the clone, they presume you need to use the same database and same paths, but our cloner can move the clone to another database and another locations, so we give you more ability to move with the clone you made anywhere on the internet!

But JoomlaCloner is not just a backup/restore component!

We also offer you the posibility to make pre-made Joomla compilations and offer this as a service to your users by using the JoomlaCloner frontend area!

They choose the clone(s) you offer, enter their ftp details and in minutes they could have a Joomla website with something you could offer them pre-made!

About the license, we charge that per site basically for support, each site might have custom problems ocasionally and we are here to support you and your customers!

You can use the cloner on any of your sites(ATTENTION HERE: you are not allowed to redistribute it) but we will only provide support for the sites licensed!

Let me know if you have more questions!

Regards, Ovidiu

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
Andy: 21