Trying to make a clone | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
Trying to make a clone
June 4, 2006
12:00 am
swimmrguy
Guests

I have been using Cloner for awhile now to make back ups (and haven't yet had a need to restore...whew.) But today, after setting up a testing server on my local machine, I thought I'd try to make a clone of one of my live sites to my local server.

So I run the clone procedure from the live site (on a UNIX host) and it FTPs successfully onto my local server site. I load in JoomlaCloner.php, fill in the details (I think I did that correctly!) and the clone extracts. However, at the end of the process I get the following message:

JoomlaCloner Automatic Restore!
Permissions restored to their initial value...

Files succesfully copied to C:/SERVER-1/xampp/htdocs/neosite
Table 'joomla_neo.jos_banner' doesn't exist

If I try to load the local site into the browser, I get the following:
Warning: main(/export/home/hippocrates/webneo/www/includes/version.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\SERVER-1\xampp\htdocs\neosite\includes\joomla.php on line 71

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/export/home/hippocrates/webneo/www/includes/version.php' (include_path='.;C:\SERVER-1\xampp\php\pear\') in C:\SERVER-1\xampp\htdocs\neosite\includes\joomla.php on line 71

It would appear that the configuration files are still using the old Unix paths. I tried editing the paths, and that did allow the pages to load. However, I couldn't log onto the admin area because it said no users were set up as administrators (which makes me think the database wasn't restored.)

Would appreciate any advice to get this to work.

Thanks,
Bob

June 4, 2006
12:00 am
admin
Guests

Hi there! I think you have a problem with the mysql database, could you look in and see if any data was imported?
Also as a test, look out the file administrator/backups/database-sql.sql and see what's in it and try to import it manually to check for errors!

Let me know what you find! Ovidiu

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
Andy: 21
D: 21