error attempting a test restore for the first time | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
error attempting a test restore for the first time
January 21, 2010
12:00 am
alias2211
Guests

Hello-

I have been backing up our Joomla 1.5.15 site for a few weeks now, and I wanted to finally test the restore process. I was successful in getting all the way through the wizard process, after making the right changes to our Xcloner configuration (passive FTP was required to really get it to work right).

Unfortunately, when both the file structure and database were populated by the wizard, I got the following error on my target domain:

[code]Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /nfs/c04/h04/mnt/67074/domains/clientresearchservices.com/html/modules/mod_articlelist/helper.php on line 6[/code]

I can confirm that the files look right in my FTP client, and I can also say that the restore target database was freshly created for this restore test purpose.

Any ideas about what went wrong?

January 21, 2010
12:00 am
alias2211
Guests

I deleted the module from FTP client, and then the front page loaded.

However, now when I try to log into the backend, I get the following error:

[code]Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in /nfs/c04/h04/mnt/67074/domains/clientresearchservices.com/html/components/com_community/libraries/featured.php on line 78[/code]

Please note that the admin login page does load fine, but when I submit my login details, then I get this error as noted above.

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
Andy: 21
D: 21
Marcus: 20