Xcloner 3.0 Gives Error Message Regarding UTF8 On Line 146 In mysqlBackup.class.php | Wordpress Support | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSSsp_TopicIcon
Xcloner 3.0 Gives Error Message Regarding UTF8 On Line 146 In mysqlBackup.class.php
February 17, 2011
7:10 am
WordWeaver
Guam
Members
Forum Posts: 14
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hello,

This morning WordPress informed me that there was an update for Xcloner, so I let it automatically download and install the new version of Xcloner.

A few minutes ago, I attempted to conduct a backup of my WP and a few other databases.

While Xcloner said that everything was okay and ready to backup, as soon as I hit the "continue" button, I got this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_set_charset() in /MyApps/MyServer/MySite/MyBlog/wp-content/plugins/xcloner-backup-and-restore/classes/mysqlBackup.class.php on line 146

Upon looking at line 146 in that file, it says:

mysql_set_charset('utf8', self::$link);

What do I need to do in order to fix this?

I am running WordPress on an old Macintosh G4 mini-tower running Tiger 10.4.11. My web server software — not Apache — uses a proprietary installation of PHP in my "MyApps" folder.

Thanks for any assistance that you can provide.

February 17, 2011
9:57 am
Ovidiu Liuta
Admin
Forum Posts: 2484

Hi there! In order to properly use XCloner 3.0 ajax mode, you need at least PHP 5.2 , so to disable that and fix the error, you need go in the XCloner Config->System tab and set the "Backup Refresh Mode" to Normal.

Let me know if you have further issues after! Ovidiu

February 17, 2011
10:33 am
WordWeaver
Guam
Members

Hello. Thanks for your advice.

Actually, I am using PHP 5.2.

But, I did as you said and tried again.

At first there was a screenful of errors, but that was quickly replaced by another screen where it showed me the files that were being processed.

However, the backup wasn't able to complete and stopped at about 96%, and this error appeared on screen:

Warning: fopen(/MyApps/MyServer/MySite/Blog/administrator/backups/perm.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /MyApps/MyServer/MySite/Blog/wp-content/plugins/xcloner-backup-and-restore/cloner.functions.php on line 1073

Total process: 100% out of 1656 files

Processing files 1600 to 1656 for backup file

/MyApps/MyServer/MySite/Blog/administrator/backups/backup_2011-02-17_21-17_www.endtimeprophecy.net-sql-nodrop.tar!

Current backup size: 21.6 MB

Unable to continue, could not open file

/MyApps/MyServer/MySite/Blog/administrator/backups/perm.txt

for reading!

I just checked, and there is no file in the "backups" folder called "perm.txt". Is Xcloner supposed to create that file when it does a backup?

Thanks again.

February 17, 2011
11:03 am
Ovidiu Liuta
Admin

If you are using 5.2, you might not have compiled this php function http://php.net/manua.....rset.php , which does require indeed php 5.2.3 actually.

Regarding the error you have there, are you running by any chance two backup processes at the same time? It seems the perm.txt file gets deleted before the above process was finished, if so, try and avoid that, then retry the backup process. Also, recheck the disk space available, make sure you have enough available to store further data.

Ovidiu

February 18, 2011
1:37 am
WordWeaver
Guam
Members

Ovidiu,

Prior to updating to Xcloner 3.0 yesterday morning, I had no problems performing backups. That indicates to me that some changes you apparently made between the previous version -- 2.2.1 -- and this new version -- 3.0 -- are causing my current problems.

I did not compile PHP myself. I downloaded a pre-packaged, self-contained version of PHP in a .dmg file that was created by the "Zend" company. Whether or not it includes the character set function you mentioned, I honestly do not know, and I don't know how to find out.

However, being as backups worked just fine with 2.2.1, wouldn't this indicate that the aforementioned PHP function is already included in my PHP installation?

No, I am not trying to run two backups at the same time. The only thing I did -- which I was also doing with 2.2.1 -- was selecting a few additional databases to backup with my WP database, by selecting them in the list that Xcloner presents to me.

Disk space is definitely not a problem. There are over 88 GB free on the hard drive where the backups are stored, which is in "Administrator/backups".

Unless you can figure out why these problems have suddenly begun to occur, I will have no choice but to go back to 2.2.1 and see if that helps.

In fact, I have also considered that perhaps allowing WP to do an automatic download and upgrade to Xcloner 3.0 may have caused these problems. I am thinking of trashing it, and then doing a manual install, just as I did with 2.2.1.

Any further suggestions?

Thanks!

February 18, 2011
4:33 am
WordWeaver
Guam
Members

Well, you will be happy to know that I have been able to restore the situation to normal.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I contemplated deactivating Xcloner, removing it from my plug-ins folder, and then installing 3.0 manually.

That is what I just did.

After setting the backup refresh to "normal", instead of "ajax", I tried a backup, and this time it worked.

The only difference was that this time, I did not include any of the other databases in my mySQL setup. I just backed up WordPress.

After that, I did another backup, but this time I included all of my databases, and again, the backup went fine.

So, my conclusion is that performing an automatic update to Xcloner 3.0 somehow messed up something.

Reinstalling Xcloner 3.0 manually seems to have fixed the problem.

February 18, 2011
9:42 am
Ovidiu Liuta
Admin

Glad to hear this, thanks for the input.

As i previously indicated above, the error you get there is caused by the php version you have installed these, it seems to be missing the php function mysql_set_charset() which is included starting with php 5.2.3; if you can get that fixed, you can make use of the ajax backup mode

Cheers, Ovidiu

February 18, 2011
10:02 am
WordWeaver
Guam
Members

Exactly what is the ajax backup mode? Is it in some way better than the normal backup mode?

I have tried to compile PHP myself on my 27" iMac on a few previous occasions, but always run into compile errors, so I gave up.

February 18, 2011
10:14 am
Ovidiu Liuta
Admin

Checkout this video http://www.youtube.c.....RB5JXjuA , althrough it's for Joomla, it shows how the ajax mode works, fast forward to minute 2.

Ovidiu

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
Andy: 21
D: 21