XCloner.php gives 500 error | Wordpress Support | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSSsp_TopicIcon
XCloner.php gives 500 error
December 20, 2010
4:13 pm
Michelle
Members
Forum Posts: 4
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I have managed to install the Xcloner plugin, create a backup, and even move that backup to my new location, but that is where my luck has run out. I can see that the files (xcloner.php, TAR.php & testrunbackup.tar) have made it over to my new server, but when either Xcloner or i try to access the xcloner.php file in the new location, I get a 500 Internal Server Error. I can see these files via FTP just fine, and they have content (they're showing as way more than 0kb), so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. You can see the error for yourself here: http://antagonisticb.....cloner.php

Any suggestions?

December 20, 2010
6:52 pm
Ovidiu Liuta
Admin
Forum Posts: 2484

Try reseting the permissios on your folder where XCloner.php resides, all well as the permissions on that file to 755 and see if it helps. You can check your site error log for further details on that error message if you have access to it.

Regards, Ovidiu

December 20, 2010
9:17 pm
Michelle
Members

Hi Ovidiu,

Thanks for the suggestions. I had the permissions on the XCloner.php file set to 777 (which I thought was the most liberal setting), so i went ahead and changed them to 755, but still no love. When I looked in the error log, all it contained was the following:

[Mon Dec 20 12:57:57 2010] [error] [client (IP address removed)] SoftException in Application cpp:256: File: "(file path removed)/public_html/antagonisticbranding.com/XCloner.php" is writeable by group

Which doesn't mean much to me, but perhaps it makes more sense to you?

December 20, 2010
9:35 pm
Ovidiu Liuta
Admin

What permissions do you have on this folder /public_html/antagonisticbranding.com ?

Try and set them to 755 and see if it helps

Ovidiu

December 20, 2010
9:45 pm
Michelle
Members

Yes, I did exactly that (changed the perms to 755), but I still received the same error.

December 20, 2010
9:49 pm
Ovidiu Liuta
Admin

K, try setting permissions to 644 for the XCloner.php file. If you still have issues however, i would advise checking with your hosting provider to see if maybe we are missing something.

Ovidiu

December 21, 2010
11:37 pm
Michelle
Members

I have tried setting perms to 644 as well, and still no dice. I'm betting you're right, that this is some sort of restriction set by my hosting company, as this is a shared account. A bummer, since this is my playground, where I test things out before moving them to my production hosting account, but...what're ya gonna do, right?

Thanks for giving it your best shot!

December 22, 2010
8:37 am
Ovidiu Liuta
Admin

I would advise checking with your hosting support if possible, the script will run without issues, however more probably you are still missing a permission somewhere, again, recheck the public_html/antagonisticbranding.com permissions as well as the files inside it.

Ovidiu

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
Andy: 21
D: 21