All Wordpress Forum requests have been moved to Wordpress Support Forums

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
content not being saved
February 15, 2010
12:00 am
earthgate

Hi ,
I recently moved alot of sites to new server with varing suscess. My main problem is that luckly i was moving sites that was not lost or damaged as the database clone seemed to be a bit hit or miss sometimes it copied sites OK and othertimes missed out most of the article content only saving first few lines of text. Which in the end I used phpmyadmin to copy and move the database. This leaves me now not being confident on the database being saved properly, which is most important bit as i can rebuild sites but the data is not replacable.

Is there anyway of incorparating a database size match to at least know that the database copied is the same as the original?

Garry

February 15, 2010
12:00 am
admin

HI there! The most probable issue is not on the backup process, the created backups are complete, however it might be related to the restore process! When restoring, try and leave this option "incremental sql import" unchecked and see how it goes

I would advise to also change the "Mysql compatibility" option to MYSQL40 when generating the backup and see if it helps!

Regards, Ovidiu

Forum Timezone: UTC 0

Most Users Ever Online: 867

Currently Online:
8 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

tom_1: 70

mlguru: 33

Django29: 29

D: 21

Andy: 21

Marcus: 20

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 737

Members: 41802

Moderators: 1

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 7

Topics: 2517

Newest Members:

CHIRPovn CHIRPovn

Moderators: Ovidiu - Support!: 0

Administrators: XCloner! Support: 2485

Quick contact

place

Hi there, my name is Ovidiu Liuta and i support the XCloner! project
XCloner is a Joomla backup component, Wordpress backup plugin and Free website backup tool.
Contact me here!

About company

XCloner.com is a dynamic company focusing on providing backup and recovery solutions for small to medium websites.
We are based in Romania and offer 24/7 support through forums and our private ticket system for Premium users support.

© 2020 XCloner - Website Backup and Restore made simple
All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy