2048mb File Limit on Large Archives? | General Questions and Support | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
2048mb File Limit on Large Archives?
December 28, 2011
2:29 am
Guests

I have xcloner running on several websites, but I only have one that has over 2GB of data,

although I have tried a couple different settings that seem to deal with this ( setting "Split Backup Archive if size larger than" under the "system" tab to either 10000MB or -1MB I keep getting the following results on this site.

Size of Original File: 5295.29 MB

Size of Archive: 2048 MB

All of my other sites show the "Size of Archive" to be slightly larger than the "Original File Size", and this is the only file that is created, so it appears that something has gone amiss, But with No errors in the Log, I wondered if anyone here had experienced this same difficulty.

The server is running linux on a Virtuozzo VPS backend, the filesystem is Reiserfs, kernel 2.6.9.

Thanks

December 28, 2011
5:55 pm
Ovidiu Liuta
Admin
Forum Posts: 2484
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

On some hosting accounts there is a 2GB filesize limit. To override and fix this limit, you simply need to set the maximum backup size to 2048MB in the XCloner Config -> System tab. One note, to be able to use this option, you also need to have at least php 5.2.3 running on the server and the XCloner Backup Mode set to AJAX.

Regards, Ovidiu

December 30, 2011
12:07 am
Guests

Thanks Ovidiu, I appreciate the reply, I will check those out and report back.

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
D: 21
Andy: 21
Marcus: 20