Restore on Godaddy gets 500 Internal Server Error | General Questions and Support | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Avatar
Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope


Match



Forum Options



Minimum search word length is 3 characters – maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
Restore on Godaddy gets 500 Internal Server Error
May 22, 2013
1:55 am
Avatar
duanemitchell
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 15
Member Since:
April 28, 2013
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I've been looking all over for a solution to this and have tried everything. This has got to be another Godaddy issue.

 

I've cloned a WordPress site and now want to move it to a subdomain for further development. I've created the subdomain and have a basic index.html file in there that works fine. I put the Xcloner.php and Tar.php scripts in there and I get the 500 internal server error. I've checked permissions on the subdomain folder and the files and they are 755 and 644. That works everywhere else but not this time. I've used Xcloner to move a couple other sites and I know it works. Suggestions?

 

Duane Mitchell

May 23, 2013
2:06 pm
Avatar
duanemitchell
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 15
Member Since:
April 28, 2013
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

So I found that if I renamed Xcloner.php to index.php it will run. The problem is that everything else still fails. I cannot set privileges to all the script to run. If I change the privileges to what they should be like on a professional hosting service then Godaddy has some scripts running to change them back. The problem I think for Godaddy is that they are so shot through with hackers that this is their solution to it. Just go to Google and enter “hacked godaddy” and you'll find millions of hacked websites.\

 

I'm hoping someone knows a workaround to this.

May 29, 2013
12:21 pm
Avatar
duanemitchell
Member
Members
Forum Posts: 15
Member Since:
April 28, 2013
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Godaddy is messed up and they are always doing things for security reasons. I renamed the Xcloner.php restore script to index.php and it ran. However that led to more issues. I found I had permissions errors and they were due to Godaddy changing permissions on my site files and directories through a script of some sort. If I changed permissions they got changed back. For me the solution was to:

1. Open the .tar file, take out the MySQL backup, and then recompress as a .zip file.

2. Upload the site files and extract.

3. Import the database backup.

4. Run “searchreplacedb2.php” script against database to update for any domain name changes. In my case I was installing on a subdomain so the domain is different. So, I searched for “http://www.mydomain.com” and replaced with “http://subdomain.mydomain.com”.

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
Andy: 21
D: 21
Marcus: 20
Jamie F: 19
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 737
Members: 9946
Moderators: 2
Admins: 3
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 7
Topics: 2397
Posts: 8236
Newest Members:
Vargas
Moderators: TriP: 0, Steve Burge: 0
Administrators: Ovidiu Liuta: 2484, Victor Drover: 1, Valentin Barbu: 0