Fatal Error: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 75497472 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 57123681 bytes) in /home/XXX/public_html/XCloner.php on line 1162 | Joomla Support | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
Fatal Error: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 75497472 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 57123681 bytes) in /home/XXX/public_html/XCloner.php on line 1162
July 5, 2011
5:14 pm
Bits Support
Members
Forum Posts: 5
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hey Everyone,

I was using xcloner to backup and restore my site to a new server. Everything with the backup and file restore went ok but when I try to restore the database I get the following error which doesn't make any sense because the size it is trying to allocate is smaller than the max size? I am using incramental sql restore. As far as I know our php_memory_limit is set to 812M so I don't think it's that either. Any help?

The error is as follows:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 75497472 bytes exhausted
(tried to allocate 57123681 bytes) in /home/XXX/public_html/XCloner.php
on line 1162

July 5, 2011
5:31 pm
Bits Support
Members

OK so our php_memory_limit I guess is 75M. I tried to up it by adding it to an ".htaccess" file but when I do that te XCloner.php will not run any more.

July 5, 2011
5:44 pm
Ovidiu Liuta
Admin
Forum Posts: 2484

Try checking with your hosting support to see if they can increase, also make sure the .htaccess is correct! Ovidiu

July 5, 2011
5:52 pm
Bits Support
Members

I am currently working with my host to see if they can figure out why I am not able to do this. They upped the php_memory_limit but that changed nothing. I still get the same error but with a bigger allowed memory amount shown ie:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to
allocate 57123681 bytes) in /home/XXX/public_html/XCloner.php on line

July 5, 2011
5:56 pm
Bits Support
Members

Also Since they upped the limit I see an option that was previously not available. While on the XCloner.php page under the "New MySQL Configuration" There is now an option to select the database to import via a drop down list. This option was not available before they upped the limit. At any rate why would it be a php_memory_limit issue if the needed space is smaller than the available space? That doesn't make sense to me?

One more thing. There is only a blank .htaccess file. Even if it's not there I get the same issue. If the .htaccess file has anything, unless I don't know what it NEEDS to have for the xcloner to work, the xcloner.php will not display because of a 500 Internal Server Error.

July 5, 2011
8:06 pm
Ovidiu Liuta
Admin
Forum Posts: 2484

My suggestion is to extract the backup archive manually and then restart the restore process with the "Skip files restore" option checked, it should help with the memory issue. The memory issue is non related to disk space, it is related to the server RAM memory allocated to your account by your hosting provider for running php applications.

As for .htaccess, the 500 error is normal if the .htaccess contains errors in the code, try checking with your hosting support on that.

Ovidiu

July 5, 2011
9:06 pm
Bits Support
Members

Well I thank you for your assistance Ovidiu. I was not able to get it to work trying a variety of methods to restore the Database. I finally decided to try only doing a few tables at a time and that is working. It will be a process but it is better than messing with xcloner all day.

I know the php limit is for the RAM and my point was why was there an error if the space needed was smaller than the space alloted? e.g: Space Needed=57123681 and space alloted=134217728. Again I have found a way arround so I am not worried abut it anymore. Thanks again.

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
Andy: 21
D: 21
Marcus: 20