couple questions | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
couple questions
June 9, 2006
12:00 am
Guests

Ok, here is what I am trying to do.

Make a sample site with all components and modules the way I want them. Then clone those settings to LOTS of other sites.

I already figured out how to make a backup, and I did manage to clone it to another server with a couple oddities

I had to manually copy up .htaccess for some reason cloner didn't replace it.

Before I could restore I had to manually set the public_html directory to 777(Even though somehow the backup got put there so it must have been writtable)

When the site was done, I had to manually change the configuration.php to reflect the new sitename.

I see the options to make install packages but I can't seem to figure out how to do it, I also see the option to publish the backups as a front end package but clicking the X doesn't do anything.

Is there an easier way to do what I want than I did? So far I am loving this component.

June 9, 2006
12:00 am
admin
Guests

Hi there! Ok, here are some solutions:

- when restoring the clone did your screen went blank or stopped? cause you should have reached the point were the configuration was automatically written and also .htaccess restored, let me know on this one

- to public a package to frontend you need to first go in your Configuration area, and add a directory where the package would get published, that will be the input field below the main backup area
- then make sure that directory is writeable
- and then try to publish the package

Regards, Ovidiu

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29