XCloner / databases corrupted / restoring in xampp | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
XCloner / databases corrupted / restoring in xampp
April 21, 2008
12:00 am
martinruthen
Guests

to test the restauration and to have a test Joomla on my pc, I have downloaded my first xCloner backupfile (tar), extracted it to my local xampp installation, imported the databases and modified the config.php. Everything went fine. But the two databases must somehow have been corrupted as my content is uncomplete. Here are two screenshots of my start page. The first showing the original correct one, the second showing the restored corrupted one. The difference is quite obvious. I used utf8_general_ci and mysql 323 creating the original databases and I have chosen the same settings importing the databases.

Sorry, the screenshots are obviously to big and I have to compress them. I'll do that later.

Martin

April 21, 2008
12:00 am
admin
Guests

I presume you are having an encoding issue, have you tried setting the "Character set to the file" option to utf-8 from your XCloner.php screen when restoring?

Ovidiu

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
Andy: 21
D: 21