Path to zip/tar utility | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
Path to zip/tar utility
December 1, 2006
12:00 am
Cobus van Zyl
Guests

I am developing a site on my local machine (WinXP with MySQL and Apache servers - XAMPP) and want to transfer it to the remote hosting server when it is complete.

However, when I try and create a backup, I get an error that it could not find the utility in /usr/bin/tar or /usr/local/bin/tar. Similar message when selecting zip archive.

What should the path be set to in configuration for the tar and zip commands respectively on a WinXP machine. I know it is native on Linux machines (tar) but do I have to install additional software on a WinXP machine?

Thank you
Cobus van Zyl

December 1, 2006
12:00 am
Ovidiu
Guests

Hi there! You will probably need to install the tar/zip utilities on windows since they are not supported as default!

However, we do offer an option in JoomlaCloner configuration so if you don't support this utilities you can still create a backup by using only the php functions! To activate this, you need to uncheck in JoomlaCloner Configuration area both 'Active' checkboxes near the zip/tar and mysqldump lines!

I would also suggest in your case to choose the TAR Archive type to avoid memory_limit problems when generating the backup!

Let me know if you require further assistance!

Regards, Ovidiu

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
D: 21
Andy: 21