Backend no longer updating front end... | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
Backend no longer updating front end...
March 31, 2009
12:00 am
gabefoley
Guests

Hi, I moved my site across to a new server on last Thursday, and it seemed to be working fine all Friday.

Then on Monday (yesterday) I discovered that all the menu links are just linking to the main page (the correct urls are there, but clicking on them just refreshes the homepage).

Additionaly - none of the changes I make in the back end affect the front end of the website anymore.

Now I think I might have put some files in the wrong location... although it was working at one point. Can someone tell me how I should set up the folders on my site?

Is having /public_html/sitename the best thing? And the index.php file is located in the sitename folder, along with all the joomla folders from my own setup?

Is this a common problem, or something related to Joomlacloner? Is there anything I can do.

I'm about to try moving it across again, so this is why I asked about the best setup for the folders... also, what folders are non-essential if I wanted to clear everything from my website? I had a previous Joomla 1.0 install there, but I kept the files there and just moved the new Joomla 1.5 site across...

Thanks if anyone can help with any of this...

March 31, 2009
12:00 am
admin
Guests

Hi there! Have you checked if your SEF url's are working properly? Try disabling that and see if you have anymore issues, same for the cache if you have it enabled!

As for the folders setup, that makes no differences regarding the issue you have, it should work on any location

Ovidiu

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
Andy: 21
D: 21