Manual Back Unable to upload Database??? | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
Manual Back Unable to upload Database???
December 22, 2008
12:00 am
justin_huggins
Guests

I created a backup of my website that I am hosting locally. I uploaded the Joomlacloner script and the backup (tgz file) to the Godaddy server that I want the backup to be restored on. I put in all my information and it tells me that it has connected and uploaded files successfully. Then when I go to the next page which is the database restore I get this error:

[i]Unable to read the database backup file /home/content/o/z/a/mywebpage/html/administrator/backups/database-sql.sql , database was not imported! [/i]

I have checked the information tons of times to make sure it is correct.

Then when I go to the files none of the files are there either if though it said the upload was successful!
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

I am using joomla 1.0.15
I have linux installed on the Godaddy server

December 22, 2008
admin
Guests

I would advise rechecking your ftp upload path, and if you still have issues you use the "Install files directly" option instead of ftp on the Joomla.Cloner.php restore page!

Also, you should check that the backup you have there is in the same size as the original file, meaning a complete backup!

Let me know if you have further issues! Ovidiu

December 23, 2008
justin_huggins
Guests

One problem was that it was not downloading the whole backup file (1.3 GB). I now have the whole backup uploaded to the server and I have started the process and it says:

[i]Connected to "mywebsite" , for user ozarkhealthinc, starting transfer...
Current directory is now: /htdocs[/i]

It has said this for about 8 hours now. I know it is a large file, but should it take this long?

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
Andy: 21
D: 21
Marcus: 20