Can not patch to Joomla 1.5.7 at GoDaddy!!! | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
Can not patch to Joomla 1.5.7 at GoDaddy!!!
October 11, 2008
12:00 am
tittiger
Guests

You will find this hard to believe:

At GoDaddy if your patch a restored Jommla 1.5.5 site that works correctly to Joomla 1.5.7 then you can not log into the front end.

Instead you get the error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: stripos() in /home/content/t/i/t/tittiger1/html/truthtribune/libraries/joomla/environment/uri.php on line 675

To double check this I did a fresh install of Joomla v 1.5.7 and get the exact same problem.

They absolutely refuse to support this issue.

GoDaddy somehow prevents you from patching your existing Joomla Sites because it breaks the stripos() function calls.

[b]If you are hacked and restore you just must leave the site with no protection because the patch breaks the application at GoDaddy.[/b]

The only thing that they do support is an install of v1.5.7 from their control panel which somehow miraculously works!

Does this mean that everyone using GoDaddy as a hosting provider will not be able to patch to 1.5.7? This is NUTS and I hope someone can straighten me out on this.

TIA

Joe

October 11, 2008
12:00 am
admin
Guests

Well it seems you are not the only one with this issue, please check this thread post http://forum.joomla......8;t=324934 , they also offer there some valid solutions

Ovidiu

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
D: 21
Andy: 21