Choose clone archive dropdown menu empty | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
Choose clone archive dropdown menu empty
January 19, 2007
12:00 am
Percy
Guests

I'm trying to restore a backup to a new host/server.

Downloaded the JoomlaCloner backup to my computer.
Unpacked the backup.tar
Uploaded the unzipped backup to a new writable directory on the new server.

Accessed the joomla.cloner.php script/file in administrator/components/com_cloner/restore.
Noticed that the Install Directory and the Install URL fields were pre-completed.

Tried running it. Get error re not writeable or doesn't exist. Checked permissions. Set the directory containing joomla to 777.

In the 'Choose clone to archive' dropdown menu, there are no options.. just "choose local clone archive".

I'm not really sure where my challenge lies.. perhaps an incorrect path name?

Have followed (to the best of my knowledge) the faq and documentation, and have searched the forum for a solution. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Using v1.6

Thanks,
Percy

January 19, 2007
12:00 am
Ovidiu
Guests

Hi there! The problem is that you are not doing the restore right

As specified in our FAQ here http://www.joomlaplu...../catid,26/ what you need to do is this:

- first clean up the restore location, you don't need to preinstall Joomla for restore, JoomlaCloner will do that
- second, create or use an empty database for restore
- next, you need to copy the backup and restore script(all 3 php files found inside directory restore/ from the JoomlaCloner archive you downloaded from our site ) in the restore directory
- launch http://my_restore_do.....Cloner.php in your browser, notice that the Joomla.Cloner.php is the restore script and needs to be in the same location as the backup archive
- follow the onscreen instruction and hit Submit, if all details are correct you restore process should start!

Let me know if you still have problems after! Ovidiu

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
D: 21
Andy: 21