Happy consumer | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
Happy consumer
June 15, 2008
12:00 am
liliana.coelho
Guests

All fine so far,

I bought the JoomlaCloner, after some rookie confusion of my part, my first payment online was made and the JoomlaCloner Unlimited was enabled at http://www.joomlaplu.....member.php.

I tried some new tests all with 100% success. The problem I had seen on my previous tests is not present in my new tests with the latest version of JoomlaCloner (an error message before each item).

And warning for some of you, choose the right encoding when restoring a backup, I had forgotten to chose utf-8 in the Joomla.Cloner.php.

Still... i notice something...

Something that mite be a problem in the future... I have to restore choosing "install files directly" since I don't have FTP access. In my local machine the CPU usage fired sky high from some minutes, I have a single core CPU unfortunately :).

It is my fear if I was trying to restore in a shared webhosting server it is possible that a Php request will be killed if it tried to consume this much resources. This may happen, right?

Is the JoomlaCloner robust enough to deal with this specific scenario? Restoring a backup on a shared web hosting, witch may try to limit resource intensive usage from each website, and I have no FTP access to joomla installation folder.

June 15, 2008
12:00 am
admin
Guests

In this case you should try and extract the backup files manually and only start the restore script to import the database by checking these options:

1. "incremental sql import"
2. "skip files restore..."

Hope it helps! Ovidiu

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29