No errors reported but backup corrupt | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
No errors reported but backup corrupt
February 10, 2008
12:00 am
phoenix04
Guests

Hi,

Have set up and configured the Joomla backup on my live site but the backup doesn't work. It doesn't report any errors, but only saves a small proportion of the sql dump of the database in the file then stops.

My Joomla database is about 20MB but only between 1mb - 3mb is backed up in the file and I am gettin an unexpected end of file message when I attempt to open the backed up file. I am using TAR and have tried every combination of active on/off in the config menu. I have tried turning manual backup on and off - it makes no difference. I have no idea why it isn't working.

The cron is backing up to the local server, is set to database only mode, am using the drop feature, and am not excluding anything. Server timeout is 3600 seconds which is way longer than the backup is taking - it is finishing within a minute of starting.

The cron job message is:

Starting /home/oscworks/public_html/administrator/components/com_cloner/cloner.cron.php
Using configs/database.php as configuration file
Starting JoomlaCloner for mysite at 2008-02-09 21:18
Creating an sql only backup
Generating Backup ...
Archive Name: backup_2008-02-09_21-18_mysite-sql-drop.tar
Number of Files: 0
Size of Original File: 0 bytes
Size of Archive: 0 bytes
Database Backup Settings: mysite_joomla: Backup Completed ( 32.49 MB )
### END REPORT
Backup Done
Backup file: /home/oscworks/public_html/administrator/backups/backup_2008-02-09_21-18_mysite-sql-drop.tar
Total backup size:0 bytes

ALL DONE! I will exit now from cron.

Ideas and help much appreciated.

February 11, 2008
admin
Guests

Hi there! How much disk space you have available on your existing host? Try and check that, it should be at least the current site size! Ovidiu

February 12, 2008
phoenix04
Guests

Thanks! I never even realised we were that close to our hosting quota. Increased the quota and it works.

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
Andy: 21
D: 21
Marcus: 20