website keeps redirecting | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
website keeps redirecting
May 26, 2008
12:00 am
ironside1969
Guests

I have just uploaded a backup onto another domain. I deleted by htaccess and reconfigured the configuration.php but the website keeps redirecting back to the original one. Any ideas?

The original website is http://www.wellerrac.....ration.com

I uploaded onto http://www.wrc.welle.....ration.com

May 26, 2008
admin
Guests

The website looks ok here, i suggest you try and clear your browser cache, then try again! Ovidiu

May 26, 2008
ironside1969
Guests

I'm not sure what's going on but the duplicated website now shows perfectly okay on a different domain. I've just been trying to upgrade fire board before doing it on the main website and I'm not sure what is wrong. I think it must have something to do with the database. When I got the part where I had to put the script into PHPmyadmin, it kept telling me "#1146 - Table 'welleracing.jos_fb_users' doesn't exist "

When I created the new domain, I obviously a database as well. I'm just wondering whether I should be using the old database to execute the queries. the problem is, if I do this in PHP admin, the only database is the one that is used the original domains, so if I mess around with that database, it will mess the original site up. I really need to duplicate that old database so I can mess around the back, but I can't do it in PHP my admen. Any ideas? the silly thing is, I've done this before on another website, but I can't remember what I did

May 26, 2008
ironside1969
Guests

Yes, you were correct, it was pointing to the original database which is why it probably wouldn't work, well I hope so. One other thing, should I changed my SQL as well. At the moment mosconfig points to a different mySQL

May 26, 2008
ironside1969
Guests

Still not working. When I created the new domain name to upload the duplicate website to, I also created a new database. Now I have uploaded all the files, the website shows perfectly okay on the new domain. But when I go into PHPmyadmin and select the new database, it says there are no tables. Normally, you would only be upgrading the original website wouldn't you? So I have to do duplicate the original database to test it properly, not create an empty database. Not sure how to do it. Unless of course if I make a copy of the original database and import it into the empty one. Would that work?

May 26, 2008
ironside1969
Guests

I imported the original database and then the whole structure look like the original website. And then it did execute the queries successfully. But now than having troubles updating the forum. But I think it was the fact that I uploaded the wrong files. Anyway, if I make a copy of the original database, if something goes wrong, can I restore the forum to its original state by putting back the original database?

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
Andy: 21
D: 21
Marcus: 20