Unable to restore ...! | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
Unable to restore ...!
November 13, 2006
12:00 am
David Farrell
Guests

This is driving me nuts!

Can anyone help please?

I have created a backup manually and cloned it (which appears succesful). I get to the clone script and notice that my backup is not in the drop down list (Should it be?)

I have filled in the details on the form and clicked start install. I then get an error message saying that clone could not open the backup file ...
AGHHHHH ......!

Can anyone help me with this please ....?

Some backround info ...

Just to make sure I have my head around this properly.
I have two instances of Joomla! on the same server. I have done a lot of work on instance 1 in creating the template and adding components / modules etc.

I now want to clone this instance (Instance 1) to instance 2. Instance 2 is just out of the box Joomla!

Ideally I want to create a backup that I can restore to several instances so that they all look the same.

Many Thanks [img size=239]http://www.joomlaplug.com/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/images/screenshot.jpg[/img]

Post edited by: zombywoof, at: 2006/11/13 21:29

November 13, 2006
Ovidiu
Guests

Hi there! You need to check if you have any clones in the same location as Joomla.Cloner.php file, look for .zip, .tar or .tgz files!

Also for restore, you need to use a clean location, no files or tables in the database prior restoring!

Let me know if you still have problems!

Ovidiu

November 13, 2006
Paul Swingewood
Guests

Hi.

So if I understand this correctly. I do not need to create another instance of Joomla prior to the restore. I just need a directory where I can put the backup and the cloner will do the rest.

Is this correct?

Regards - Paul

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
D: 21