XCloner looping & file size issue | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
XCloner looping & file size issue
March 19, 2009
12:00 am
spadilla
Guests

Hello there. I must first say that this is a great backup component - I've been using it for years now. Over these years I have used xcloner on many sites and have it installed on all the joomla sites we manage. I've noticed a couple of strange problems and wanted to ask about them.

First issue: It seems that using the cron links command manages to create a loop. I have it setup to backup only once per night, however I have noted across many sites that it will create up to 50 backups on some days. It seems that it ill be working fine and all of the sudden it just starts a loop that eats so much server resources that I was once actually shut down by hostgator.

Second issue is related to the first it seems: Once the above mentioned looping issue happens it seems that the file sizes jump from a backup of somewhere around 50mb to over 750mb or more! So not only do I get 50 of the same day's backups, I have 50 750mb backups which after several days causes my host to contact me telling me to delete some stuff.

I've spoken with the hosting company and they mentioned using the cron command "GET" vs the "links" command and for now it seemed to have stopped the looping on one server, but I am not sure if it's a coincidence or not because the issue has been so sporadic in the past - where as it would happen for weeks and then just stop (which may be somehow attributed to the hosting server admin) resetting the cron tasks.

Lastly, I normally have the server send me an email with the cron output each night and on the task that is set up as "GET" I just get an email that says: 500 EOF when chunk header expected.

Any input and/or ideas would be greatly appreciated 🙂

Thanks!

March 19, 2009
12:00 am
admin
Guests

Hi there! I would advise to better use the ssh based command, like "php /path_to_xcloner/cloner.cron.php" and see if you have anymore issues! The correct cron path details are specified in your XCloner backend, Cron menu link

Regards, Ovidiu

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
Andy: 21
D: 21