Clone OK but looking at original database | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
Clone OK but looking at original database
November 24, 2008
12:00 am
nigelm
Guests

Hi Ovidiu

I cloned my site and transferred it this weekend. Had a few problems, but once I had checked the right boxes and so on it appeared to be OK.

Today I realised that when I changed and added a document in the new site it also added the information in the old site.

When I tried to change the name of the sql Dbase the whole system hung - front and back end. To rectify this I had to edit the configuration.php file.

I know I've done something wrong! I chaecked a previous post who said it was abug, but I'm not so sure thats the case with me. I believe that I have incorrectly named the database element of the transfer, but I don't know how to rectify what I've done.

Your help will be greatly appreciated

Regards

Nigel

November 24, 2008
12:00 am
admin
Guests

Hi there! When restoring the backup on the new location, did you use an empty database with a different name from the original one? The restore database need to be different from the original, otherwise you will end-up with two sites sharing the same database!

Did you properly get a success message after restore?

Ovidiu

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
D: 21
Andy: 21