UTF-8 issue | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
UTF-8 issue
April 16, 2007
12:00 am
Andrej Kolar
Guests

Ovidiu, I hope I'm slowly coming to an end of bugging you with questions.

I have successfully moved one of my sites from one to another server. It's a breeze with JoomlaCloner I must really congratulate on this awesome component.

The only thing that doesn't look well on the other side is UTF-8 characters (slovenian č,ž,š and similar) in the SMF forum database which was part of the database move.

I'm perfectly happy to drop existing database and do another clone in order to get this right. I just need guidance about how not to loose the UTF characters in the process.

April 16, 2007
12:00 am
Ovidiu
Guests

Hi there! To fix this, you need to recreate the database backup on the original site, but first you need to uncheck the 'Active' checkbox near the mysqldump line in JoomlaCloner Configuration!

Please also check our FAQ here http://www.joomlaplu.....e,1/#FAQ11 on the question "How to i export my database with special characters?"

Also, when generating the backup, you should also check this option "Add Drop Syntax" in the Generate Backup screen-> Database options tab so you replace the existing restored mysql data!

Let me know if you have anymore problems! Regards, Ovidiu

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
D: 21
Andy: 21