xCloner / no server access | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
xCloner / no server access
April 24, 2008
12:00 am
martinruthen
Guests

I have copied backup file and restore script into the root folder, checked the restore screen and successfully restored the joomla files. Than clicked on restore database and got this:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /XCloner.php on this server.
Apache/2.2.3 (Debian) mod_python/3.2.10 Python/2.4.4 mod_ssl/2.2.3 OpenSSL/0.9.8c Server at testsite.martinruthenberg.de Port 80

I have already deleted the whole folder, recreated it and restarted the complete process. The result is the same. What surprises me is, that I did the whole thing successfully with another backup file of another site this morning. What can I do?

Martin

April 25, 2008
admin
Guests

Not sure if it's a permission issue or something else, but here is what you could try:

1. start the restore process again
2. when you get Forbidden error delete the .htaccess file from your site root and also apply 755 permissions to your restore directory and the restore script
3. when 2. is done, refresh the page with the error and see if you still get it

Hope it helps! Ovidiu

April 28, 2008
martinruthen
Guests

Can there be typographic mistakes in the routines? - Concerning the characters: I am absolutely sure I have set it to utf8. What else could I try to get the right characters?

Martin

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
Andy: 21
D: 21