Warning: ftp_put() [function.ftp-put]: I won't... | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
Warning: ftp_put() [function.ftp-put]: I won't...
April 21, 2008
12:00 am
titushanke
Guests

Hi, I just purchased XCLONER and am trying to move a joomla 1.52 site from one webhost to another due to performance issues with my current host (servage.net).

I launched the backup (without server compression, basically default config) and the file was created without problems.

The issue I run into is when trying to FTP the file from my old host to my new one (bluehost).

Connected to Normal ftp server http://ftp.revenue-plaza.com - Active Mode

Moving source file restore/XCloner.php
Warning: ftp_put() [function.ftp-put]: I won't open a connection to 10.2.29.2 (only to 77.232.72.80) in /mounted-storage/home51b/sub007/sc34695-HNZQ/xxxxxxxx.info/blog/administrator/components/com_xcloner/cloner.functions.php on line 546
FTP upload has failed for file public_html//XCloner.php ! Stopping ....
Transfer details:
Attempting to Clone backup(s):
backup_2008-04-21_18-33_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.info-sql-nodrop.tar

Any help you could kindly offer?
I am also on skype (acutally tried to contact you). My skype id is skype_florence

Thanks in advance,

Titus.

April 21, 2008
admin
Guests

Hi there! I suggest you recheck your ftp restore path and make sure it points to the correct location for the provided ftp user and pass!

If you still have issues, i suggest you follow our Restore FAQ http://www.joomlaplu...../catid,26/ and copy the backup archive and the XCloner restore script manually to the new location and continue from there the restore process

Let me know if you have further issues! Regards, Ovidiu

April 22, 2008
titushanke
Guests

Hi Ovidiu,

Thanks for your reply. I figured it out myself in the end. And yes, I did follow the instructions you mention in your previous post.

It all worked out fine in the end. I just think that you should make potential buyers of your software aware that there can be issued with cross ftp-ing data from one host to another, as many hosts do not enable this due to the potential traffic...

Maybe this can help your for the future: I understood that the component would zip up the entire site including the database, one would donwload it, upload to a new web host and then run the xclone script to have everything extracted and configured automatically...

Anyway, I will continued to use the program as a back-up solution, the cron functionality is appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
Titus

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
Andy: 21