back again, still having issues | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
back again, still having issues
June 21, 2008
12:00 am
joomlacloneronthefen
Guests

hey there everyone

well The time has come for us to backup and clone our live sites to a local development core server, so we whipped out the ol joomla cloner, we did upgrade to v1.92 i beleive,

I am not sure if this was all a result of the defects in the component or our hosting, so i am posting here,

you can watch the FULL VIDEO we did and see the steps we take and of course the sad results

(on a postive note it DOES clone the site, however the cloned site is hosed, we use something called multithumb and joomlacomment on the live site, and as you can see it works fine, so something went REAL WRONG in the backup and clone process.

See for yourself,

the site we tested our clone on is at

http://www.zteknolog.....m/ourworld

and the video including the cloned site after moving and restore can be found at

http://www.zteknolog.....itled.html

as i siad if someone (admin or other) spots something we are doing wrong PLEASE let me know, so we can try to get ALL THE sites working, this component WHEN IT WORKS continues to amaze me, right now we are taking another HARD look at joomlapack as well, but there are issues on that front as well

thanks again

June 21, 2008
admin
Guests

The issues you have there are as follow:

1. make sure on restore the "Install dir:" and "Install url:" point to the correct location, i noticed an incorrect restore url there

2. the database issue you have is caused by a compatibility problem within the mysql backup site and the restore, to fix it i suggest you recreate the backup and look on the Generate backup screen, database options tab for the "Mysql compatibility" field, try to set that to MYSQL40 if your new mysql restore server is that version or newer

One more thing, when doing the restore again, make sure you delete the administrator/backups folder from the restore site, and also try and check the "incremental sql import" from the Joomla.Cloner.php screen

Regards, Ovidiu

June 22, 2008
joomlacloneronthefen
Guests

ok so far i redid the backup

heres where we are at

1. the backup seems to have been successful
2. during backup i used the MYSQL compatibility 4.0 which solved A LOT OF ERRORS

3. on restore i entered in the correct URL, and did incremental restore

4. the site restored but still the multithumb component and joomlacomment component are still hosed in the restored site,

You mentioned depreciated values in php, why is it doing this in the first place, the live site shows no signs of this, and if joomlacloner "is supposed to CLONE the site perfectly" shouldnt these errors not exist, even so, whats the easiest suggestion to get the multithumb component working with the restored site, (in other words get rid of those errors)

5 and finally this screenshot was the only error during restore, there were 3 or so of these, though i'm not sure what they mean

were getting closer, but joomlacloner still has yet to DUPLICATE an entire site to my satisfaction, but thanks so much for the continued help

remaining error

http://www.zteknolog.....062208.jpg

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
Andy: 21