A lot of questions | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
A lot of questions
April 14, 2007
12:00 am
Raab & Schlegel GbR
Guests

[email protected],

today I tried again to backup a projekt. This step seems ok. Now I have a lot of questions:

1)I have make a backup for one of our Livesites and want to restore it on a new server in a sub domain directory because the Livesite works on the other site yet. (restore only for testing on this step)
I have test to transfer via ftp but I got some errors.
Now I transfer the backup zip to the new domain folder and would make the restore via the sub domain invocation, but I got the 404 Error (I have test it with a index.html in this folder with no problems, but the Joomla.Cloner.php give the 404 Error back?)

2) Is it possible to install a fresh Joomla Installation and the Joomla Cloner as component and after this import there the backup from the othe site and restore it? 🙁

April 14, 2007
12:00 am
Ovidiu
Guests

Hi there! To answer the 1) question, have you check if the Joomla.Cloner.php script is in the directory where it should be when you are calling it? Try to verify that through a ftp client!

Second, please check here our Restore FAQ on manual move http://www.joomlaplu...../catid,26/ and make sure you followed the steps correctly, basically you need to do this:

1. copy the backup archive inside your subdomain directory
2. copy the restore script we provide in the same location
3. launch Joomla.Cloner.php script in your browser!

As for question 2), that is not possible since JoomlaCloner will restore all Joomla core from inside the created backup!

If you still have problems, please send me your ftp+mysql details to the restore location to check the issue!

Regards, Ovidiu

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
D: 21
Andy: 21