checking before I move local to host | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
checking before I move local to host
September 1, 2006
12:00 am
romus
Guests

I am about to move my Joomla site to a hosted locations, so I just want to check a few things.

I am just checking with them, actually Rochem, on their forum about different increments of versions of MySQL on my local server and my hosted server. I mean as long as they are e.g. 4.x.xx then I am hoping the transfer of the databse will be fine. I am talking with them re the phpMyAdmin method. I am trying to understand any basic compatable issues. If it is okay then it will be okay with JoolaCloner too, won't it?

Because this is a first time, do I have to first make the MySQL database on my host account as the same name as on my local, with phpMyAdmin? Then run Joomla Cloner to restore?

The process is like this, is it? ... a) JoomlCloner backup on my local server b) set up same database name on Hosted server c) ftp all Joomla site, which will include the JoomlClone backup in the Administartion subfolder, to my hosted server d) on the hosted Server go to my Joomla admin and using JoomlaClone, do a restore. Is that the process?

Anything else?

September 1, 2006
12:00 am
admin
Guests

Hey there! You almost got the idea, but here is the corect way:

a) ok
b) yes, you need to create a user and database on your hosted server
c) you need to move the restore scripts(found in restore/ directory from inside your component archive) and the clone, all in the same dir on the new location
d) launch the restore script Joomla.Cloner.php in your browser and follow the restore screen

About the mysql compatibility, if you run into any just open a ticket with us and we will help you! It's no need to import the database through phpmyadmin, JoomlaCloner will restore the database also from the restore script!

Let me know if you need anymore info!

Regards, Ovidiu

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
D: 21