More elaboration on MySQL, please | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
More elaboration on MySQL, please
August 17, 2007
12:00 am
Jack Hobbs
Guests

Total Joomla and JoomlaCloner newbie here 😛

Observations: Little is said about MySQL backup.
If JoomlaCloner can automate backups for me (cia Cron), that alone would make it worthwhile. Especially if the backups were stored in a filename derived from the site name, date, and time.

The Admin demo didn't seem to have have an area for entering the hostname, userid, and password for the MySQL data. Where are these details entered?

I've never had problems with backup, but restore on my system requires a utility whose name I forget that does the restore in several short chunks, to avoid getting kicked off a shared server. Does JoomlaCloner make such accommodations?

August 17, 2007
12:00 am
Ovidiu
Guests

Hi there! JoomlaCloner takes the mysql details from your Joomla configuration file, so if you want to create backups manually or using the cron method, you can also include a full mysql backup of your Joomla database in the created backup

Second, JoomlaCloner comes also with an independent restore script, so you may use that to restore any backups created with JoomlaCloner!

Let me know if you have further questions! Regards, Ovidiu

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
D: 21
Andy: 21