JoomlaCloner doesn't work with joomla 1.5 | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
JoomlaCloner doesn't work with joomla 1.5
November 29, 2008
12:00 am
cubby
Guests

Maybe I missed it but I didn't see any mention that JoomlaCloner doesn't work with Joomla 1.5!

I bought it and uploaded JoomlaCloner and could not make a backup, nothing happened. My first thought was that I had made a $90 mistake. I spent the most part of this evening trying this and that setting to get it to work but no joy.

Finally, I saw a buried post stating that XCloner was to be used with Joomla 1.5.

Don't you think that this fact should have been in my face on this website or at the very least in the download section? I never thought that was the problem because JoomlaCloner is listed on the Joomla extensions directory as compatable with Joomla 1.0 and 1.5.

Sorry if I missed this fact, I sure didn't see it anywhere except buried in the Forums.

November 29, 2008
12:00 am
admin
Guests

Hi there! For Joomla 1.5.x systems you need to use XCloner component which can be downloaded from the same area as JoomlaCloner! On the JoomlaCloner page, we stated that XCloner is the new upgrade software, we presumed that users will try XCloner first after reading the specifications! We left the old name JoomlaCloner on the extensions page for reference, sorry for the confusion!

Regards, Ovidiu

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
D: 21
Andy: 21