Admin Login - Invalid Session | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
Admin Login - Invalid Session
May 1, 2008
12:00 am
freshwebservice
Guests

Hi,
Recently used Clone to move a site (1.0.15) from a test to live server - all went very smoothly except for the transfer of images, when it flattened the directory structure. But I just moved the images folder over manually, so that resolved that issue.

However, I now have the problem that I keep getting kicked out of the Admin on the live server - I can't do anything. Each time I login & try to save something, I'm kicked out straightaway. Then I have to wait to log back in, only to be kicked out again.

I suspect that it might have something to do with ftp file permissions? Is it possible that the files that Cloner moved over are not owned by the ftp user on the live server? Using an ftp client, I can't, for example, delete/overwrite any of the joomla files/directories.

I thought that if it was a permissions issue, I could just put a fresh administrator directory/files on the live server, and these would then be owned by the correct ftp user. Unfortunately, this hasn't worked - perhaps I'll have to manually copy an entire fresh Joomla install over?

Any suggestions?
Thanks, Eddie

May 1, 2008
12:00 am
admin
Guests

Hi there! The permission issues is probably caused by the way you made the restore, if you used the "Install files directly" option then the ownner of the files might have changed! You could contact your hosting provide and ask them to fix the files owner, it's a simply shell command, or you can delete the restore location and restart the restore process, but this time use the "ftp mode" for restoring the files!

As for the session, i am not sure to what is that related, follow my advice above and remake the restore with ftp mode and if you still have issues, please open a support ticket and send us your site Joomla admin and ftp details and we will see what we can do

Ovidiu

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
Andy: 21
D: 21