I would love to fully test component before buying | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
I would love to fully test component before buying
April 17, 2007
12:00 am
webmaster
Guests

Hello

I just downloaded and installed the JoomlaCloner and the IonCube to find out that Component in trial mode! Restore function is restricted! That means I can not install the backuped file into my new server.

You kindly advice me after 2 hours installing the component, creating backup, manually download it to my PC and uploading to my new server, to buy the full version of JoomlaCloner from joomlaplug.com.

Not nice to hear gusy, there most be another option than that.

I love your component I truly believe is a great tool. But need at least to fully use it one time.

Can you please tell me how to finish at least this process completely?

Thanks a lot in advance

webmaster

April 17, 2007
Ovidiu
Guests

Hi there! If you would like to restore the backup manually, all you need to do is this:

1. extract the files from your backup into your new site location
2. import the administrator/backups/database-sql.sql file into your database
3. update the Joomla configuration file to reflect the path and mysql changes!

The restore option is restricted in the trial mode, however you can get an basic idea from the JoomlaCloner restore screen on what it does!

Regards, Ovidiu

Post edited by: admin, at: 2007/04/17 18:04

April 18, 2007
solounplaneta
Guests

Hi Ovidiu

Thanks a lot for your answer.

I had already upload “myfile.tgz” to my new server but have some new questions.

You are recommending extracting files into public_http. Is there a tool to extract “tgz” files or I will have to erase compressed file from server and upload all internal files independently?

Import administrator/backup/database-sql.sql into my database? How do I manually do that?

Update Joomla Configuration. You mean from the administrator Joomla backend to go into /system/global-chekin ????

If am not mistaking you are recommending me to backup my whole site manually. So I basically installed your component, the ioncube, created backup, downloaded backup to my PC, uploaded backup to new server after 2 hours to erase everything and start all over manually?

I have a suggestion for you guys. For an inexpert new user like me doing all the work to find out you have to buy your component is not fun. You may like to give new users the possibility to fully use your component at least one time before buying or letting us clearly know before doing the whole process that we won’t be capable to backup to new server.

You have a great tool that users would love to keep after using it 1 time. It is a great tool to program new backups and reinstall copies of your site at other places. Using Joomla Cloner 1 time only makes you keep using it again and again.

I just download and installed the ACAJOOM mailing list for Joomla. It is a great tool and these people let you use it until you gain some traffic with it. The Joomla community is full with new entrepreneurs needing some help to start at the beginning. If you help people gain some revenues fist most of us will gladly support your great work.

I hope my feedback is good for you guys and I also hope I will find my way to coping my Joomla site with you.

Thanks a lot for your help

Ps- My brother is also called Ovidiu, you have a great name

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
D: 21