Some characters not converting well | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
Some characters not converting well
December 28, 2008
12:00 am
bobbyv
Guests

First of all, thanks so much for making this plug in, it works well and i'm sure my issue with it can be solved. Moving a joomla site has never been so simple!

Ok, here's my issue. I moved my site and everything seemed to transfer ok expect that there is now some odd characters throughout my article titles and articles. This includes:

Â, €, â, ©, ™, 

those are some of the ones i could find. They all appear in various places where they should not. You can take a look at the site here:

http://pl709.pairlit...../freemind/

thanks in advance for your help!

December 29, 2008
bobbyv
Guests

No need to worry about this, didn't catch that XCloner was the latest that should be used. Once I did the clone process with XCloner the problem was fixed.

thanks for making such a great product!

February 4, 2009
richm
Guests

I have been facing this problem for quite some time. I see it only in J1.5. With j1.0 sites there is no problem. The problem is introduced on IMPORT, not EXPORT. Problem shows up moving in either direction between local/live.

I have had to resort to using PhpMyAdmin to handle database restore (import) to address the issue. But now I am bumping in to some large databases and PhpMyAdmin times out - cant complete the import. Max_execution in PHP.ini or in PhpMyAdmin's config.inc.php wont fix the timeout.

JoomlaCloner will finish the task, as long as I dont mind all the wierd characters...

Any solution to the wierd character substitution would be appreciated.

WAMP = PHP v5.2.6, MySQL v5.0.51b
LAMP = PHP v5.2.5, MySQL v5.0.51a

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
Andy: 21