Lots of problems! Help please... | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
Lots of problems! Help please...
January 28, 2008
12:00 am
cloudoxford
Guests

I bought Joomla Cloner tonight as I need to transfer three sites from my old host to a different one by Thursday this week. I made my first backup easily but since then have run into a series of problems:

1. As I need to move the sites I presumably need to make a backup, change the nameservers, then wait for the domains to "arrive" before I can add them to the new host. So I assume the only way to do this is via a manual backup?

2. The problem with that is how do I know if the backup is ok? what if it is corrupt? As the old site will not longer be usable I can't repeat the process... Any thoughts of the best way round this?

3. As an experiment I decided to try a two-stage move, cloning a test site to a spare domain, and then moving it again later.
When I tried to do this from the JC component on the old site I ran into endless error messages such as this:

[quote]Connected to Normal ftp server http://ftp.fxxx.com - Active Mode

Moving source file /home/nxxx/public_html/administrator/components/com_cloner/restore/Joomla.Cloner.php - uploaded -0.00% from 48018 bytes

Warning: ftp_nb_put() [function.ftp-nb-put]: Rename/move failure: No such file or directory in /home/nxxx/public_html/administrator/components/com_cloner/cloner.functions.php on line 498
FTP upload has failed for file /home/fxxx/public_html/bxxx/Joomla.Cloner.php ! Stopping ....[/quote]
There were also errors on line 483 in previous messages. I'm not sure what info is missing?

4. Eventually I tried to do a manual install instead and got this:
[quote]Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. [/quote]

Any thoughts about what to do would be helpful. I'm sure it is just teething problems but as I have so little time it would be good if it could just work!

Thanks,

Frances

January 28, 2008
12:00 am
admin
Guests

Hi there! I suggest you open a support ticket and send us your original site Joomla admin details and url, and the ftp+mysql details to the restore location to help you!

The internal server error is probably caused by some permissions errors, try and apply 755 permissions upon the restore folder and restore script then try again!

Ovidiu

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
Andy: 21
D: 21