xcloner problems | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
xcloner problems
July 7, 2008
12:00 am
stu2112
Guests

I had purchased the full version of joomla cloner and found it was not compatible with "go daddy" hosting but then found an entry from the admin saying that installing the standalone xcloner for joomla 1.0 would be the solution. I went ahead and installed it in the correct location and everything ran up until I wanted to restore/instal the files on the server.

I initially cloned the files to http://www.sfslive.com/sfs. Then I ran the installer from the sfs folder to install files in the root directory (www.sfslive.com), and about halfway through the progress bar at the bottom of the screen would get stuck and would kill the connection.

If I want to continue to use xclone and/or joomla clone, will I have to go to a different hosting environment? Are there any settings in the config that i can implement to help it kick over?

Thx.

Stu :unsure:

July 7, 2008
admin
Guests

I would advise to try and restore the backup archive files manually, or to use the "Restore by using server utilities zip/tar" option checked and see if you havea anymore issues! If you go with the manual extract procedure, you would need to restart the restore process but this time check the "skip files restore ..." option from the XCloner.php restore screen

Hope it helps! Ovidiu

October 10, 2008
mkultra
Guests

I was able to get the whole thing to work from Godaddy and it even ran my cron job from their CP.

It took me several times on my test customer to get all the settings correctly so that the Clone/Restore thing worked 100 percent.

If anybody needs it I can put up a screen shot of my configuration.

I am very happy with this thing. Now I have to make it work on HostMonster where most of my clients are at.

October 29, 2008
jeffpenn
Guests

I cannot get GOdaddy to do the script.

Within the JoomlaPlug component admin/cron tab, I created a config script called cronback.php

Within GoDaddy CRON Manager, I inserted the following as a command "/web/cgi-bin/php5 $HOME/html/administrator/components/com_xcloner/cloner.cron.php cronback.php"

I did NOT use quotes in the command line.

I dont get an email from GoDaddy. I dont see a back anywhere on the server and I dont get an FTP to my other site.

mkultra- Your screenshot would sure help me.

Ovidiu- Your help would certainly be appreciated.

Jeff

November 21, 2008
tysonbravo
Guests

I tried manually as well. Doesn't work. Used extraction tool to extract TAR file on site. Used PHPMyadmin to backup and import db to new site. I changed the config file to match new site. NOTHING!!!!!!! STILL!!!! Why am I cursed?

November 21, 2008
tysonbravo
Guests

Ok, I think that error msg was from having PHP Safe Mode Off, which I don't think I needed to have in there, so I took it out.

However, now My Server Error Logs show this:

[code][Thu Nov 20 23:08:33 2008] [error] [client 76.184.67.94] File does not exist: /home/onlin325/public_html/500.shtml, referer: http://www.onlinediscassessment.com/
[Thu Nov 20 23:08:33 2008] [error] [client 76.184.67.94] SoftException in Application.cpp:252: File "/home/onlin325/public_html/XCloner.php" is writeable by group, referer: http://www.onlinediscassessment.com/
[/code]

November 21, 2008
tysonbravo
Guests

Ok, I may be getting closer.... :unsure:

I think I was going overboard with CHMOD'ing. I was making everything 777. After reviewing my server logs, it doesn't appear they were happy with that. So I changed it back to 755.

Now I'm getting...

[code]The encoded file /home/onlin325/public_html/XCloner.php is not permissioned for 216.97.239.70[/code]:S

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
D: 21
Andy: 21
Marcus: 20