XCloner backups cause server error | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
XCloner backups cause server error
September 7, 2008
12:00 am
mountaintop
Guests

I keep getting an internal server error while attempting to generate a backup with XCloner. Settings are auto, no compression or auto with compression. This is what I found in the server error log:

[Sun Sep 07 09:36:43 2008] [warn] mod_fcgid: read data timeout in 31 seconds
[Sun Sep 07 09:36:43 2008] [error] [client 84.226.61.82] Premature end of script headers: index2.php, referer: http://www.mydomain.com/administrator/components/com_xcloner/index2.php?option=com_cloner&task=confirm

If it is a PHP timeout issue, how do I resolve it? It worked for a while before and then stopped working. The process does generate a file in the View Backups area but I'm not sure if I can trust that to be a complete backup.

The only thing that does work is manual mode, no file compression, which takes forever and generates huge files. Manual with file compression also times out.

September 7, 2008
12:00 am
admin
Guests

HI there! The issue you have is caused by the max_execution_time php.ini variable which only allows the script to run for 30 seconds, to fix the issue you would need to increase that, otherwise the Manual backup option set to Yes will be the only option

Ovidiu

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
D: 21
Andy: 21