restoring a backup... | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
restoring a backup...
November 6, 2007
12:00 am
jose gonzalez
Guests

hi all,

I'm trying to restore a backup and am having some trouble.

This is what's happening:

attempt 1:

1. I create my SQL database ( using a Wizard)
2. I go to my source site where I have the backup, select the backup and click the 'clone' button
3. the backup and the script files ftp across to the destination site, which is an empty directory
4. I fill the details in the joomla cloner script and click the button
5. i get this err:

Current directory is now: /public_html
Warning: fopen(/home/mydir/public_html//archive_tmp//administrator/backups/perm.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mydir/public_html/Joomla.Cloner.php on line 1021
Could not set permissions! Permissions file /home/mydir/public_html//archive_tmp//administrator/backups/perm.txt not found!

i click the 'continue' link at the bottom of the page and i get the following err:

Unable to read the database backup file /home/mydir/public_html//administrator/backups/database-sql.sql , database was not imported!

====================

attempt 2:

I also tried this way -

1. I use the fantastico installer to create a new joomla site (and dbs)
2. I go to my source site where I have the backup, select the backup and click the 'clone' button
3. the backup and the script files ftp across to the destination site, which is an empty directory
4. I fill the details in the joomla cloner script and click the button
5. i get the same errors

=====================

if you look at the path it's generating, it's adding // in some places, so i'm guessing that the path is wrong?

Could not set permissions! Permissions file /home/mydir/public_html//archive_tmp//administrator/backups/perm.txt not found!

but when I look at the script and make sure that the path is correct (so is this path being generated by something i've set wrong maybe?)

[edit] i just tried restoring a different backup and i get exactly the same error. could the fault be with all my backups?

i backed up 6 joomla sites before deleting them from my host. I added the 'drop' command to the settings. all the backups files are between 7 and 20 mb (so they're not too small). But

now i'm trying to restore those sites and i'm having this problem.

thanks for your time 🙁

November 6, 2007
Ovidiu
Guests

Hi there! The errors you are getting are from an incomplete or corrupt backup! What you need to do is this:

1. check if the restore backup archive has the same size as on the original site
2. if the size is the same, try to open that archive on your local computer to see if you get any files listings
3. if you still have issues, recreate the backup, but with these settings applied in your JoomlaCloner Config:

a. "Manual backup" set to Yes
b. "Backup type" set to TAR
c. both "Active" checkboxes unchecked
4. make sure you download and upload the backup through a simple ftp client if you use to manually move the backup archive between hosts

The // path does not affect the backup restore, you should check the points i specified above and verify the backup archive!

Let me know if you have anymore issues! Regards, Ovidiu

November 10, 2007
jose gonzalez
Guests

thank you 🙂

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)