How to sync two sites ? | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
How to sync two sites ?
May 9, 2007
12:00 am
Rolf Fey
Guests

Hi, I am hosting a customer which requires a very reliable Joomla site.
My idea is to sync the main site with the backup site using two independent servers.

When site #1 fails then we will switch the DNS and site #2 will serve the pages.

Problem: How can I automate JoomlaCloner and Cron-Jobs the make the backup, unpack the files and fill up the MySQL database?

I know how to use Cron to make backups, but then there is some manual work involved to get site #2 running.

We just want two site in sync every day.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks, Rolf

May 9, 2007
12:00 am
Ovidiu
Guests

Hi there! At the moment JoomlaCloner can create and move automatically the backups without much handle, however to make an automatic restore requires a little work to get it done! The work is not related to scripting but to getting some urls and including them in the cron manager!

If you decide to go with JoomlaCloner, open a ticket and i will help you get the restore part to run automatically on each backup, and also explain what the process involves!

Regards, Ovidiu

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
D: 21
Andy: 21