Transfer | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
Transfer
May 3, 2007
12:00 am
Jason Browdy
Guests

When Transferring (cloning) a site, Does the clone location need to be empty, or can you clone to a location where Joomla is already installed?

May 3, 2007
Ovidiu
Guests

Hi there! We recommend to have an empty location so you don't run into permissons issues when overwriting the files, or non-empty database when importing the sql!

However if all files were uploaded through ftp, then when restoring and simulating a ftp session you won't have any issue! As for the database, i recommend you use a new empty database if possible!

Let me know if you have further questions! Ovidiu

May 8, 2007
michael ascroft
Guests

I am, so far, quite disappointed with this product. I have been trying to restore a site in another location, either manually or automatically, and I have been completely unable to make this product work as advertised.

When I try the "automatic" method, I get this,
"[i]Connected to Normal ftp server exoticaportland.com - Active Mode

Moving source file /var/www/html/pd/pdxredlite.com/exotica/administrator/backups/backup_2007-05-07_15-12_www_pdxredlite_com-sql-nodrop.tgz - uploaded 100.00% from 8410497 bytes

Warning: ftp_nb_put(): public_html/home/backup_2007-05-07_15-12_www_pdxredlite_com-sql-nodrop.tgz: Append/Restart not permitted, try again in /var/www/html/pd/pdxredlite.com/exotica/administrator/components/com_cloner/cloner.functions.php on line 498
FTP upload has failed for file public_html/home/backup_2007-05-07_15-12_www_pdxredlite_com-sql-nodrop.tgz ! Stopping ...."[/i]

In other words, it does not work.

When I attempt a manual restore (very poorly documented, I must say) I get this,
"Could not continue, unable to read the clone backup file! Please make sure you copied the backup in the same directory as Joomla.Cloner.php

Needless to say, the backup archive IS in the same directory as Joomla.Cloner.php.

After paying a fair amount for JoomlaCloner, the poor documentation along with the lack of actual functionality leaves me feeling cheated. I cannot recommend this product to anyone.:angry:

In o

May 8, 2007
Ovidiu
Guests

Hi there! First of all the, from the error message you get on the ftp transfer, it is a ftp server issue, have you tried moving the file without checking the "incremental transfer mode" or also checking the "Ftp Transfer mode" to Passive instead of Active in JoomlaCloner Configuration->System tab!

Second, on the restore screen, on the drop down box with available backup, do you see any backup archives listed? If you don't, that means the backup is not present in that directory or JoomlaClone can't read the listings!

Let me know if you have anymore issues, and if so, open a ticket and send me your restore host ftp+mysql to check the restore issue! Ovidiu

Post edited by: admin, at: 2007/05/08 14:28

Post edited by: admin, at: 2007/05/08 14:32

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
D: 21