Can't get multiple cron jobs to work | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
Can't get multiple cron jobs to work
December 22, 2008
12:00 am
stevetm
Guests

Hi

I have been using the old JoomlaCloner 1.9.2 with my old Joomla 1.0.15 site, working perfect both with manual and cron jobs. After I migrated my site to Joomla 1.5.8 I also changed to Xcloner 2.1. -Still on the same webhotel/account

Xcloner works perfect manually and restoring, but I can't get it to run multiple cron jobs. For example I use SSH and the following command. Worked perfect for 1.9.2 with com_cloner

30 23 * * * /usr/bin/php /home/b/betrakta/www/administrator/components/com_xcloner/cloner.cron.php databas.php

40 23 * * 0 /usr/bin/php /home/b/betrakta/www/administrator/components/com_xcloner/cloner.cron.php full.php

It runs two jobs 23.30 and 23.40 but but they are same - both containing only the database or same containg files+database.

It seems that it just runs the cloner.cron.php twice on the same file.

The folder permisions are 705, file 604 recommended so by the webhotel as php runs as owner of the account.

I have been trying with "cloner.cron.php full.php" and also cloner.cron.php "full.php"

Any idea how to come further with this problem?

Thanks in advance

Regards/Steve

December 22, 2008
12:00 am
admin
Guests

The cron command you are using there is correct, however i would advise rechecking the cron configs and make sure they are correct and also try to differentiate the cron run time with about 2 hours between cronjobs so you don't get to run two cron jobs at the same time!

Ovidiu

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
Andy: 21
D: 21