About to clone. HowoTo Upgrade Joomla too? | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
About to clone. HowoTo Upgrade Joomla too?
January 19, 2007
12:00 am
F. Terence King
Guests

I'm about to clone my development site to the runtime Host. I'm running Joomla!1.0.11 and want to update to 1.0.12

What's the best way to do this? Can JoomlaCloner help do an upgrade-in-place? How??

Or should I do this a different way?

The host I'm moving TO has an installer script for 1.0.12 and I COULD install a new Joomla! Site there first..

What do you suggest?? Thanks!

January 19, 2007
12:00 am
Ovidiu
Guests

Hi there! To upgrade a cloned sites you need to do this:

- first restore the clone using JoomlaCloner in an empty directory, no previous Joomla versions installed there
- get the latest Joomla package to which you want to upgrade
- you can use JoomlaCloner for the upgrade if you like, you just need to upload the Joomla upgrade package in the same directory as Joomla.Cloner.php(same thing as you would upload the backup), then open the Joomla.Cloner.php in your browser and uncheck this option "import mysql database"(since it's a Joomla upgrade you won't need to use the database import facility); second choose from the "Choose clone archive to install:" drop down list the Joomla upgrade package, then hit the Submit button
- a second way to upgrade Joomla after you got the upgrade package is you copy all files from that package in your site using a ftp client

Let me know if you have any questions, hope i am not making this sound too complicated!

Ovidiu

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
D: 21
Andy: 21