Correct Process to restore a backup | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
Correct Process to restore a backup
August 27, 2007
12:00 am
Vivek Bhatia
Guests

I'm feeling quite stupid, b/c I can't get the easy txfr thingey to work. Either that, or my understanding of what gets moved is wrong.

I have a site: http://www.rockridge.....idents.org. I want to back it up to this location: http://www.myhomecoo.....om/rrrback , which is another site that I own. I'll use rrrback to basically beta-test stuff before putting it on the prod site.

What I thought JoomaCloner would do:
- Move the whole dang thing, including my components, modules, files, and db.

What I thought I should do:
1) On the prod site: run JoomlaCloner, generate a backup. That went fine. It's 206MB.
2) On the prod site: Press the "Clone" button, send it to the backup site at the ./rrrback location. That went fine. I think; I kept getting this blank screen even with the "incremental" button checked, but i'd restart it and it picked up where it left off.

3) On the backup site: Set perms. I changed every directory under rrrback to 777. I didn't change rrrback itself as that would then create a "500 Internal Server Error" result.

4) On the backup site: goto ./rrrback/Joomla.Cloner.php, and run that file. I thought it went fine, it said "Connected to localhost, for user myhomeco, starting transfer...
Files transfer finished!"

But, it doesn't look like it actually did anything. Some of the files & directories are under ./archive_tmp, I see module but I don't see components.

So what's the deal? Where did I go wrong or skip a step?

Thanks.

August 27, 2007
12:00 am
Ovidiu
Guests

Hi there! Ok, first issue, when you created the backup did you get a success screen? If not, i suggest you recreate the backup but first set "Manual Backup" option to Yes

Now, if you get the same blank page on the Clone features, you would need to move the backup and restore script manually to the new host as specified in our FAQ here http://www.joomlaplu...../catid,26/

On the restore screen try also to use these options checked:

1. "Restore by using the server utilities zip/tar"
2. "Install files directly"

If you still have problems, please open a support ticket and send us your original site Joomla admin details and url and the restore location ftp+mysql details!

Regards, Ovidiu

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
D: 21
Andy: 21