Possible for a pre-joomlacloner restore? | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
Possible for a pre-joomlacloner restore?
February 2, 2007
12:00 am
aj
Guests

What I mean is:
I had a Joomla site which I backed up with my host's backup utility, basically a copy of all the Joomla content. I also backed up my mysql db separately with the phpMyAdmin export utility.

I haven't had luck trying to put the pieces back together and so I come here.

Is it possible to be able to restore my old-joomla without having backed it up first with JCloner?

If it's possible to also integrate the mysql db would also be great, but all I really want back is the components, modules, and articles.

Thanks in advance. Hope it's possible so I can buy this component right away.

February 2, 2007
12:00 am
Ovidiu
Guests

Hi there! JoomlaCloner will be able to restore the backup you have created, meaning all the files and database, however it won't be able to restore the original permissions since i presume you don't have the permissions file in your created backup!

To restore the backup with JoomlaCloner you need to do this:

1. open first or extract the original backup on your computer
2. extract also the database backup in case it's not an sql. file
3. copy the database backup file to the extracted archive into the file administrator/backups/database-sql.sql
4. pack the archive back into a zip or tar and upload it on your server
5. copy the JoomlaCloner restore script which we provide(3 files from the directory restore/ which resides in the archive you will get from our server) in the same location as the backup
6. launch the Joomla.Cloner.php restore script and follow the onscreen restore settings

One note: you don't need to preinstall Joomla, to restore you simply need to have in the restore directory the restore script(3 php files) and the backup, and create an empty database where you will have the sql backup restored!

Let me know if you have further questions!

Regards, Ovidiu

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
D: 21
Andy: 21