Errors when cloning with free trial | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
Errors when cloning with free trial
January 18, 2009
12:00 am
wirecreative
Guests

Yesterday it took me a little time to iron out the permissions issue that prevented Xcloner from working until all the relevant files were set at 755. Some were looser, at 777, and Xclone would not work under those circumstances.

Today, I backed up a site and tried to clone it. When I started the clone process, Xclone told me to set permissions on the new site to 777 to copy the backup over. Once the backup was copied, however, I needed to reset all the permissions on the new site to 755 or the xclone.php file wouldn't work on the new server. Easy enough to figure out.

However, it appears that the trial cannot clone because it's restricted by domain name. I get this error when trying to continue the process: "The encoded file /home/solution/public_html/XCloner.php is not permissioned for xx.xxx.xxx.xxx" (<-- ip address). Ignoring the fact that both sites have the same IP address and live in neighboring folders on the same server, is the only way to complete this clone to buy the software? But if I buy it, and enter the license into my original site admin, doesn't that mean I'll have to restart the whole cloning process, including recopying my 500MB backup file? It seems like better instructions are needed in the trial with regards to setting permissions and what to do before you try to clone. Or is there another way to complete the clone in the free trial?

January 19, 2009
12:00 am
admin
Guests

Hi there! In order for the trial to work on your sites sharing the same ip address you need to create a specific trial for that ip address!

The full version of JoomlaCloner/XCloner does not require ioncube loaders, so if you get the full version you simply need to get the updated restore script and replace the existing one from your restore location and restart the XCloner.php/Joomla.Cloner.php restore script, please check our Restore FAQ for further details

Regards, Ovidiu

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
Andy: 21
D: 21