Your Clone Restore Utility | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
Your Clone Restore Utility
February 3, 2008
12:00 am
bedivine
Guests

I am having problems getting my clone to copy. I have downloaded the files from the restore folder and I have the backup copy I created and they are uploaded to the new server I want to use. When I run the the JoomlaCloner utility, the only thing that unpacks is the configuration.php file. I see that the cloner is running but it doesn't go through the usual process where it keeps reloading the page with the files from the backup copy.

When it is done running it tells me that the permissions restored to their initial value...
Configuration updated!
and then I am it says click here to continue with database import...

But all of the files have not been unpacked from the backup file.

I have it set to import mysql database, and to restore files permission through ftp.

Any ideas???:blush:

February 3, 2008
admin
Guests

Hi there! Have tried using the install files directly option instead of ftp? you might be using the wrong ftp restore path!

If you still have problems, it could mean that the backup archive has some errors on it, i suggest first you check if it has the same size as on the original host!

Second, you should recreate the backup using these settings in your JoomlaCloner Config:

1. Manual Backup set to Yes
2. Backup type set to TAR
3. uncheck both "Active" checkboxes

and after you recreate it, download and upload it to the new location through a simple ftp client!

Hope it helps! Ovidiu

February 5, 2008
RobbieMor
Guests

I get this:-
Warning: fopen(/home/urchurq1/public_html/13thzodiacsign//administrator/backups/perm.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/urchurq1/public_html/13thzodiacsign/Joomla.Cloner.php on line 1021
Could not set permissions! Permissions file /home/urchurq1/public_html/13thzodiacsign//administrator/backups/perm.txt not found!

Files succesfully copied to /home/urchurq1/public_html/13thzodiacsign/

February 5, 2008
RobbieMor
Guests

I've tried several ways and still can't restore. The latest gives me a page not found at [url]http://13thzodiacsign.com[/url]
You have a great product for making backups of a website but the ability to restore in a simple, straightfoward way is missing. I tried Installing the files both through ftp and and directly. Neither worked. I've made new backups and these won't install either.
If one must delete configuation.php before Installing files directly why aren't we told that on the JoomlaCloner Automatic Restore screen?

February 5, 2008
RobbieMor
Guests

Thanks,

I think the problem was that when it finishes and takes you to the site.com you get a page not found error but if you go to index.php then everything is OK. Then afterwards when you logout and go back to my site.com all is well.

Now I have a new problem. Both my original site and the clone are on the same server as add-on domains. The clone has a different DB than the original site but when I made changes to the clone the changes also showed up on the origninal site so I checked the Global Config of the Clone and behold the entry was for the DB of the original site so I changed it to reflect the DB of the clone but I made a typo and put in the DB of the old site that was at the clone location and now I can't log into the admin area. Where can I find the password username of this?

February 5, 2008
RobbieMor
Guests

Got it. Thanks.

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters: