using XCloner as development tool | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
using XCloner as development tool
May 25, 2008
12:00 am
leonsmith
Guests

I've been using JoomlaCloner to back up six live sites for years now - one of the best Joomla products there is. Now I want to use XCloner with Joomla 1.5 to help with my development. I want to build a site locally and debug things with Zend Studio Eclipse and when done, migrate the site to a production domain.

It would also be handy to be able to grab a remote site, debug it locally and move it back to remote. Can this be done with XCloner ?

I backed up a remote site, grabbed the backup manually using Filezilla, put XCloner and the backup in /var/www of my local server ran XCloner, gave it the MySQL stuff and the site came up ! At least the front page. Nothing else seemed to work. Everything resulted in a file not found error.

Before I spend a lot of time tracking this down, am I barking up the wrong tree or can this sort of thing work ?

Thanks in advance. I did search the forums first and found some sort of similar things but not exactly this.

Leon

May 25, 2008
admin
Guests

I am presuming that the front page works but none of the links inside it work? If so, then the issue you might have could be related to the SEF engine, try and disable that option from your site config and see if it helps!

Regards, Ovidiu

May 25, 2008
leonsmith
Guests

Thanks for the tip ! It works now that I disabled "use Apache mod_rewrite" even though I have .htaccess.

Once again I get the great support you are famous for.

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
Andy: 21
D: 21
Marcus: 20