Database backup only partial... | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
Database backup only partial...
November 7, 2008
12:00 am
boyjah
Guests

I am trying to setup XCloner to backup my Joomla 1.5.6 site and send to a remote server. In tests I have successfully backed up the database (only) and put it on the remote server using the cron function, but when I open the backup file, it is not getting the whole database. I noticed that the backup file seems too small compared with a straight dump of the same database using phpmyadmin (89.7mb vs 116mb).

Does anyone know why it tells me it is successful but in fact has only gotten a fraction of the database? It always stops at line 5143. I have Server Functions unchecked and the problem occurs whether I have Compress backup files checked or unchecked.

If I do a data dump by phpmyadmin, the only difference I can see between the data files is that the Xcloner generated data dump has single quotes around each data item, whereas the phpmyadmin file has single quotes only around text items.

Also, when I look at where the data files cuts off, it is just at a foreign word with an accent over the letter...

When I delete that record from the database using phpmyadmin and do the backup again, I still get a partial backup, but it gets further along in the database before cutting off. Again, it is on a foreign word with an accent over one of the letters.

How can I fix this?

November 7, 2008
admin
Guests

This seems to be an issue from your mysql server, try and run a repair query on all your database tables and retry the backup process! Also, try and make a restore of that database and see with phpmyadmin if all the tables are on the restored host!

If you have anymore issues, feel free to open a support ticket and send us your Joomla admin details and url to check the issue! Ovidiu

January 10, 2009
vachatterus
Guests

I have same problem but it is intermittent.

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
Andy: 21
D: 21
Marcus: 20