Fail to back up my live site | Old Forum | Forum Archive

The free forums are no longer in use. It remains available as read-only archive.

Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_TopicIcon
Fail to back up my live site
August 10, 2008
12:00 am
storm4u
Guests

I try to backup my live site to trasnfer it to my localhost. I have figured out how to make a manual transfer, since there is not an option to clone directly to a localhost (as far as I can figure out, but I'm pretty new to XCloner).
My problem is I don't get a full version of my live site when I try to backup.
Settings:
No to manual backup
Yes to compress
Yes to enable db backup
No to include backups directory
Have not checked any active boxes
My SQL settings corespond with my access to my database

Why do I only get a partial backup?

I have tried to restore this partial backup to a testsite and it will restore what it backed up, which is only a fraction of my site. Missing is all the css, files, components etc, but some of the stuff is there.

thx
storm4u

August 10, 2008
admin
Guests

Please open a support ticket and send us your original site Joomla and XCloner admin details to check the backup process, is the backup archive on the restore site the same size as on the original?

Second, have you checked the diskspace available on your original site, are you able to store a further backup?

Since you are on a localhost, are you able to open the backup archive with an archive client, do you get the files in there?

Ovidiu

August 10, 2008
storm4u
Guests

I will open a support ticket.
Just to answer your questions:
I assume you are asking if I'm getting a complete download, in which case yes the file generated by xcloner is the same size as the file I have downloaded to my computer. If you are asking if the size of the xcloner generated backup file is the size of my site, the answer is no it is much smaller, about 1/3 to 1/2 of my full site.
I have 10 GB of available diskspace and my site is less than 100 MB.
I'm not sure what you mean by your third question, but I'm am restoring the site to my test site manually, by pasting the backup copy into my rootfolder, and pasting the two restore files into the same folder. (I know the xcloner restore process ask me to paste all three files into the root folder from the restore folder, but there is only two files in the mentioned folder (administrator/components/com_cloner/restore).

But I will open a support ticket.

storm4u

Forum Timezone: America/Chicago
Most Users Ever Online: 867
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
mlguru: 30
Django29: 29
D: 21